Lushh.Juke.Boxx ♥

Disclaimer

This site does not claim any ownership of any of the media (eg.music, videos etc.) that is displayed on this web page. The media displayed is meant for promotional use only. It would be much appreciated if you support the artists and buy their media. Also, I sometimes post information that is rumour filled and for fun. Unless there is a concrete source for the information, please regard it as a rumour and not fact. If the copyright owners would like me to remove any of their media, please contact me by e-mail at: k.lushh@gmail.com

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Everyone's favorite rapper , Kid Cudi recently did an interview which he addressed the CURRENT state of hip hop Read and watchh below.

It's not even the music, I just don't like the judgemental side (of Hip-Hop). Hip-Hop is one of the most judgemental genre's in music, ever. It's not just based around the music in Hip-Hop, that's like 1% of it. It's about how you dress, how fly you are, and all that crap, and then it's like "yeah you're music sucks". Yeah you got the freshest outfit on, you got a lot of jewellery coz you sold a lot of ringtones, but your jewellery is probably light as a feather coz it isn't real anyway."

'That's why when you see me I keep it simple," he continued"I don't want people to get lost in the wrong things. Forget about how I dress, talk about how awesome my album is".

"I'm definitely one of the top 5 artists right now saying something important in mainstream music right now" he continued "We're infecting peoples brains with knowledge and we're hitting em with some real serious scenario's, stuff that I've dealt with, that millions of people across the world can relate to. My album is a confessional on a whole nother level. A whole lot of new artists are coming out now likeWalé and Bobby Ray (BoB) I think we're all gonna push the envelope of creativity and I think it's gonna spark a whole new movement."

No comments:

Post a Comment